Police Blotter

Published: Monday, October 1, 2001

Wednesday, September 19

7:33 a.m. – Officer/EMT responds to assist an employee in 66 Commonwealth Ave. who jammed his hand between two dumpsters. After first aid he was transported to St. Elizabeth’s.

9:26 a.m. – Officer/EMT responds to a student who passed out during a lecture in Merkert. After first aid she was transported to the Clinic. The Safety Department was notified that this was the second student in two days to pass out in this lab.

8:22 p.m. – Student in Walsh Hall reports she is receiving harassing e-mail. A detective is investigating.

Thursday, September 20

8:32 a.m. – A student reports the new patio furniture from her Mod has been stolen. It was later recovered.

1:01 p.m. – Detective performing a special patrol of the Reservoir area checks several suspicious males. State police are advised.

1:24 p.m. – Student in the Mods reports she has received harassing phone calls. A detective will follow up.

7:49 p.m. – Officers respond to the Cardinal’s residence at St. John’s Seminary to assist with a reported fire. After a short investigation it was found the report came from another building where an elevator was smoking. The area was secured.

Friday, September 21

12:20 a.m. – Officers respond to a dorm to investigate a report of a stolen wallet. Several stolen items were in plain view. After a consentual search, police found a quantity of drug needles. The room was seized pending a search warrant. A male BC student and another male BC student were arrested. One was charged with possession of hypodermic needles, anabolic steroids and numerous counts of receiving stolen property. The other was charged with possession of marijuana and numerous counts of receiving stolen property. They were taken into custody by the BCPD and transferred to District 14 with arraignment pending.

12:25 p.m. – Student reports she was assaulted off-campus by a homeless female. Boston Police were notified.

8:36 p.m. – A BC student reports that she and several other students have been verbally assaulted and sprayed with shaving cream on Commonwealth Ave. The suspects were identified as a group of juveniles. A detective will follow up.

9:41 p.m. – Officers respond to a minor motor vehicle accident in the Beacon Street Garage after the Newton High School football game. Several minors reported they were involved in an altercation. They were found to have been drinking and brought to the police station. They were later released to their parents.

10:51 p.m. – Officer observes three underage males urinating in public in the Commonwealth Garage. They were identified as Newbury College students. They were given trespass warnings and turned over to Newbury security.

Saturday, September 22

1:29 a.m. – Officers respond to Keyes Hall to assist an intoxicated male. He was transported to the St. Elizabeth’s via ambulance.

2:58 a.m. – Community Assistance Patrol reports their van was vandalized by a group of people leaving a party they broke up. Boston Police were advised.

5:15 a.m. – Officers respond to a report of a domestic dispute at the corner of Commonwealth Ave. and South Street. An intoxicated 19-year-old student was found arguing with his girlfriend. She was advised to return to Babson College. The male continued arguing and he was taken to St. Elizabeth’s.

4:34 p.m. – Belmont Police notify BCPD they have arrested a male for armed robbery and assault. The suspect identified himself as a BC student.

11:32 p.m. – Officer/EMT responds to a student in Kostka Hall who burned her foot with a curling iron. After first aid she was transported to the Clinic.

Sunday, September 23

1:58 a.m. – Patrol finds a woman’s wallet containing numerous credit cards, 74 cents and an under-21 Rhode Island license matching all other identification in the wallet. A Connecticut license is also found and confiscated until an affidavit for false identification is filled out.

2:47 a.m. – Officers respond to a Mod on a report of an altercation. One student had reportedly kicked and suffered a bloody nose and split lip. After first aid he was transported to the Clinic. A second student was treated for minor abrasions at the scene. A detective will follow up.

8:12 p.m. – Students report that as a result of an intramural football game they were followed back to their Mod and threatened. A detective will follow up.

Monday, September 24

12:34 a.m. – Officers respond to a report of an off-campus fight. Upon arrival, the suspects fled. Boston Police were notified and BCPD stood by until they arrived.