This Weekend In Arts: January 23-26

Assoc. Arts & Review Editor

Published: Wednesday, January 22, 2014

calendar

Courtesy Of Secretly Canadian

1. Chorduroy Mod Concert
(Thursday 1/23, 9 p.m.)
Chorduroy, a Boston College music organization, is hosting student artist Times New Roman as the first act in their Mod Concert Series. The free show will be at 9 p.m. in Mod 37B.

2. Irish Music on Uilleann Pipes, Flute, Whistle
(Thursday 1/23, 6:30 p.m.)
The Center for Irish Programs is sponsoring a concert by legendary Irish piper Paddy Keenan, and Boston flute player Jimmy Noonan. The event is free and will take place in the Walsh Hall Function Room.

3. The Clean House
(Thursday, 1/23 to Saturday 1/25, 7:30 p.m.)
Directed by BC senior Billy McEntee, The Clean House is a whimsical, funny play about a Brazilian cleaning woman who dreams of being a comedian. The show will run through the weekend in Robsham Theater. Tickets are $10 with a BC ID.

4. Damien Jurado Concert
(Thursday 1/23, 9 p.m.)
After releasing his new album Brothers and Sisters of the Eternal Sun this week, indie-rock singer-songwriter Damien Jurado is performing at the Brighton Music Hall. General admission tickets are $15.50 through ticketmaster.com.

5. Rosie O’Donnell
(Friday 1/24, 7:30 p.m.)
The quick-witted, former talk show host Rosie O’Donnell is taking the stage at the Wilbur Theatre for a stand up comedy show. Tickets start at $45.70 through ticketmaster.com.

6. I, Frankenstein
(Friday, 1/24 Opening)
The fantasy-action flick I, Frankenstein, is a film about a terrifying creature, a centuries-old war, and the fate of humanity. The film stars Aaron Eckhart and Bill Nighy and opens Friday.

7. 2014 Wheels Project
(Friday, 1/24 7 p.m.)
Featuring a collection of photographs and screen-prints from various contributors—including BC professor Karl Baden—Lincoln Arts Project’s 2014 Wheels Project is an exhibit exploring our “wheels-based culture.” The display will run through Feb. 22 at the LAP gallery in Waltham, Mass., with an opening reception on Friday evening.