Celebrate BC's 150th starting this weekend at Fenway

Students are reminded to register online prior to Saturday's kick-off event

Published: Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Sesquicentennial Celebration, marking Boston College’s 150th year, will officially begin with a mass at Fenway Park this coming Saturday, Sept. 15. Open to all members of the BC community—students, faculty, staff, alumni, parents, and their families—the mass will be concelebrated by members of the Jesuit community and alumni priests. It will be followed by a reception and activities in the ballpark.

With the opening celebration less than a week away, The Heights would like to take the opportunity to encourage the entirety of the student body to attend. Not only will the event be the perfect excuse to head to the historic Fenway Park with your friends and roommates, it will also make for a lovely evening of Eagles young and old coming together in prayer and community.   

Although no fee is required to attend the mass, The Heights does want to remind students that registration is necessary. Those interested in attending must register online by following the “Mass at Fenway” link on the BC homepage.

Over the course of the coming year, the University has many special events and activities planned to commemorate its landmark anniversary. For students, this is sure to be an exciting year on the Heights. Everyone—from freshmen who are just getting acquainted with life in Chestnut Hill to members of the senior sesquicentennial class—should be sure to take advantage of all that’s being offered.