Mar. 22 Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down

Published: Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thumbs Up:
CSOM swag—Businessweek has just ranked CSOM the 9th best business school in the country, up from 16th from last year. Although we’re slightly jealous our future is much more up in the air than our Fulton counterparts, TU/TD would like to congratulate all those involved with bumping up the rating. When we’re living in a box due to our art history major, what CSOMer wants to bail us out? Please?

Must be the Rumors—The Spring Concert is near, and if the rumors that TU/TD has heard (that we aren’t allowed to print here) are true, we are beyond excited. Let’s hope it doesn’t get too hot in… Conte

May the odds be ever in your favor- In what was arguably one of the best trilogies in recent memory, The Hunger Games movie is finally hitting the silver screen this weekend. The post-apocalyptic story of adolescents being forced to fight to the death is finally hitting the big screen this weekend, and has been getting rave reviews across the board. For the record, we are neither Team Gale nor Team Peeta. Team Drunk Mess Haymitch all the way!

Being constitutional- Recent reports show that Homeland Security did little to monitor the (mostly) peaceful Occupy Wall Street protest in New York City. That’s actually quite comforting to hear.  We never hear about government bodies abiding by the First Amendment, only horribly and secretly violating it. So Thumbs Up for being constitutional! We knew you guys were just as cool as you seemed in Homeland.

Thumbs Down:
Jersey Shore effect- MTV announced that even though she will be heavily preggers, Snooki will be appearing on season 6 of Jersey Shore. People have been quick to condemn this choice, but TU/TD thinks it will be a fascinating social experiment. Doctors have been known to say that if your baby listens to Mozart in the womb, it will develop higher IQ levels, also known as the Mozart effect. So, if Snooki’s baby listens to house music, dubstep, and Deena’s hyena laugh, it will probably develop innate fist pumping and general flooziness, also known as the Jersey Shore effect.

Greener pastures- This week’s beautiful weather has our mood soaring, but we wish that there were more places to enjoy it. With the construction of Stokes, we find ourselves sitting on concrete walls rather than a rolling lawn. BC, any way you can come up with some green space out of thin air?