Arts Festival broadcasts BC's creative talent

The three day event shines light on underexposed students and groups, supporting the on-campus arts

Published: Monday, April 30, 2012

Although the tents are down, it’s impossible to deny the impact of the Arts Festival on the Boston College community this weekend. Running from Thursday to Saturday, the celebration of all things cultural drew massive crowds to events held all over campus. Dance showcases and a cappella performances alike kept the O’Neill Plaza Main Tent at full, standing room only capacity for much of the weekend, a surprising and extremely commendable feat considering the massive amounts of work students are facing with impending final exams.

BC is a school overflowing with amazingly talented students, as evidenced by countless performances and pieces of art. For one weekend every year, these students are able to fully express their creativity through an outlet that also allows those not necessarily involved in arts organizations to show audiences what they have been working on all year long.

The Heights praises the Arts Festival for the opportunities it gives to students and groups that aren’t well publicized. It exposes a different side of the student body to students who might normally pass up such events and encourages people to support on-campus arts during the school year.
Finally, The Heights would like to extend its appreciation to the BC theatre department not only for its contributions to Arts Festival, but also for a wonderful, captivating season of shows. Both the Bonn Studio and Robsham played host to thought-provoking plays and musicals that exceeded expectations. The Heights looks forward to another successful year for theatre on campus.