BC 2 Boston excels with recent programming

The newly separate UGBC department demonstrates a proper use of funds and dynamic event planning

Published: Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Heights would like to compliment and congratulate BC 2 Boston for their successful programming through the first weeks of the 2012 fall semester. The UGBC department has provided students the opportunity to attend several events in the Boston area, including trips to the Museum of Science College Night, the Boston Red Sox vs. Tampa Rays game, and the musical production of War Horse. These events have been well-attended, many selling out within days, and show the great potential of future BC 2 Boston programming. We would like to commend the department for offering so many successful events within the first six weeks of the semester, and we encourage them to continue the good work.

The Heights would also like to congratulate BC 2 Boston for producing such worthwhile programs on a relatively limited budget during their first year as an independent department within UGBC. As a newly-formed entity, BC 2 Boston has successfully used their resources and staff by offering students fun, relevant events to attend off campus. The Heights believes that the department sets a standard that should be adopted by Nights on the Heights (NOTH), an organization which often struggles to increase attendance and provide relevant student programming. BC 2 Boston has offered students alternative events for the weekends that have proven to be highly successful and well-attended. We hope that NOTH looks to this department as an example when planning events in the coming months.

In light of the recent successes of BC 2 Boston, The Heights also urges UGBC to allocate more money to the department in the coming years. With such immediate success, BC 2 Boston has great potential moving forward, and we hope that UGBC continues to provide the department with the means to fund more successful events.