BC to Boston provides dynamic opportunities

Students should take advantage of the variety of programs offered by the on-campus gr

Published: Sunday, January 29, 2012

On Thursday night, a group of Boston College students enjoyed a performance of the touring musical American Idiot at the Boston Opera House, thanks to a generous ticket sale organized by the increasingly popular on-campus group BC to Boston.

Though students may not know it, BC to Boston offers frequent, cheap opportunities to get off campus and get engaged in the greater Boston community. Last fall, the organization arranged an apple-picking trip, free shuttles for outlet shopping for the holidays, and even outings to Celtics and Bruins games. For students without cars, or those who either aren't willing to or simply cannot pay full price for these otherwise expensive events, BC to Boston provides a safe, cheap, and fun alternative to another weekend otherwise spent Mod-hopping.

Rather than classifying the cold weather as a hindrance to escaping their dorms, students should seek out BC to Boston's exciting and unique opportunities as a way to escape the winter doldrums. If Thursday's trip to American Idiot is any indication of the group's future success, BC to Boston is in store for an exciting and flourishing semester.