NJSLC Is A Forum Where BC Must Impress

Faculty And Students Should Embrace BC's Hosting The National Jesuit Student Leadership Conference

Published: Thursday, January 17, 2013

Updated: Thursday, January 17, 2013 02:01

In the summer of 2014, Boston College will host the National Jesuit Student Leadership Conference (NJSLC) for the first time. The Heights would like to commend the work of Maria Ireland, Kathryn Nowak, and Teddy Raddell, all A&S ’15, for their work on the successful 21-page bid that landed the conference for BC. The three students attended last year’s NJSLC at the College of the Holy Cross and spent the fall preparing an application that eventually beat out applications from among the other 28 Jesuit colleges and universities in the United States.

The process of planning the conference will continue until the week it is hosted next summer, and The Heights would like to encourage interested students to find a way to get involved. This conference will bring BC in touch with students from all over the country, and the more students that help out, the better represented our University will be. BC is one of the foremost Jesuit universities in the country and the world, and it seems fitting that an esteemed conference of young Jesuit students should be held on the Heights.

In addition, The Heights calls on faculty and administrators to consider being a part of the conference. There will be many opportunities for these professionals to participate in panels and speaking engagements, and it will be hard for the conference to succeed without the help of faculty and administrators.

The Heights wishes the students involved luck as they plan the conference throughout the coming year.