‘The Heights’ Looks To The Future With New Partner

Starting With This Issue, 'The Heights' Will Be Printed By Globe Newspaper Company, Inc.

Published: Thursday, January 17, 2013

Updated: Thursday, January 17, 2013 02:01

Regular readers of The Heights may be wondering why our newspaper appears slightly different today than it did in December. Since our inception, the goal of The Heights has been to bring relevant and reliable information to our readers in the most thorough and accurate way possible. Throughout the more than 90-year history of the newspaper, various changes have been made to ensure the stability and growth of our publication as we move forward. In line with our goals for future success and development, The Heights is proud to announce a new publication partnership with Globe Newspaper Company, Inc., publishers of The Boston Globe.

The physical form of The Heights will experience only very minor changes as a result of this new arrangement. Each page in the newspaper will be slightly smaller than in previous years, but the image area for printing will remain identically sized, allowing The Heights to continue providing the same amount of high quality campus news to our readers while cutting down on waste and becoming more environmentally friendly. In terms of content, The Heights is not downsizing in any way, despite these smaller physical pages. In fact, readers can expect to see more colorful issues in the future, often with additional pages of engaging and relevant content.

The Heights is the first college newspaper to be printed by The Boston Globe, and we are proud to begin a relationship with a newspaper company as esteemed as The Globe. In the future, The Heights will benefit immensely from the experience and skill of the employees of The Globe. In turn, this will benefit readers of our publication. This is the start of an exciting relationship between our two companies, and we look forward to using this new arrangement to continue to bring our readers news of the highest quality.