TV Chef Series benefits dining and social options

The Heights encourages students to take part in the revolutionary BCDS program and provide feedback

Published: Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Heights applauds Boston College Dining Services (BCDS) for their innovative new TV Chef Series. This creative program will not only open up the Faculty Dining Room in McElroy Hall to greater access by undergraduates, but will also give students more variety in dining options. In light of the recent modifications to the dining halls—most notably, the change in payment for Hillside and the arrival of the mini marts—the fact that BCDS is offering students a unique dining experience that can be paid for using the mandatory meal plan is commendable.

The Heights encourages BC students to take full advantage of this new program by making reservations ahead of time and inviting friends to accompany them. Furthermore, the location of the series makes participation by faculty and staff members convenient—The Heights is optimistic that these weekly events will impart a familial atmosphere and thus bring together disparate members of the BC community. Finally, attendees should also make an effort to give BCDS feedback on the TV Chef Series, and suggest chefs whose food they would like to see featured. This program is an important step forward for BCDS, and The Heights sincerely hopes that students and employees alike participate.