Feb. 23 Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down

Thumbs Up:
Impressive marketing- No words can describe the utter joy we felt when we saw those braces and frilly sock-clad elementary school girls posted up inside McElroy selling Girl Scout Cookies. Not only were they cheaper and better than well, anything at the BC dining hall, but they're a wonderful reminder of our childhood days. Sidenote: why does Massachusetts butcher the name of basically every single food? Seriously, they're  Tagalongs, not Peanut Butter Patties, and they're Samoas, not Caramel deLites. Don't even get us started on Peking Ravioli versus dumplings.

Nice Human Nature- A study done by Emory University revealed that human nature is not  inherently nasty and that there is a biological basis for pleasant behavior. Do you know what this means? D—bag philosophers like Machiavelli and Locke don't have any basis for their mind-numbing and in Locke's case, infinite books. State of War? Being feared rather than being loved? Absolutely useless. Since both these books are on our Philosophy of the Person syllabus, we think the class should just end now.

Sexed Up Santorum- Some genius made a picture of Rick Santorum composed of gay porn images. Someone should tell Rick that he's also backed by the Lemon Party. To our readers who don't get that last reference, don't google it. Trust us. It's scarring. 

Thumbs Down:

Harvey Dustbowl- TU/TD was walking out of Mac the other day (gross, we know) when we gazed upon the majestic structure of Stokes Hall. We were in the middle of examining its  stately windows, its impeccable stone, and grand architecture, when a friend called our name. And then we saw it. Carney. Wow, that thing is just absolutely foul. It's  the roadkill of academic buildings—a grotesque mass tossed to the side of the road that you just shudder at and hope someone else  cleans  up. That's when we realized the path to Mac is just like Harvey Dent, beautiful on one side and repulsive on the other.

Lent- We've realized that all our TU/TDs have been incredibly brazen thus far, and it's because we're angrily coming to terms with the fact we won't have any junk food for the next 40 days. On the bright side, at least this fits in with our Spring Break diet. Only the pure fear of God's wrath could get us to rethink ordering a buffalo chicken calzone from Roggie's at 2 a.m.

Pointy Plex- Rumor has it that someone threatened to pull a knife at a pickup basketball game in the Plex. There's a lot of things wrong with that, but TU/TD just wants to know who decides to bring a knife to the gym. What are you going to do, threaten to cut the kid in short shorts if he is on the elliptical for too long?