LTE: Dean Of Students Thanks BC Student Body

Published: Monday, April 22, 2013

Updated: Monday, April 22, 2013 00:04

In light of the tragic happenings of the past week, I felt compelled to offer my heartfelt thanks to the student body of Boston College for their response to the events of this past week.  The cooperation, mutual support, care, and patience exhibited by all of our students were exemplary.  It was a true manifestation of what it means to be a BC student. 

In addition, I also would like to thank a number of campus organizations that truly stepped up in response to these events.  I would specifically like to single out the student volunteers of Eagle EMS, as well as the management and staffs of the Boston College Police Department, the Office of Residence Life, and Dining Services. The members of these organizations worked tirelessly, sometimes around the clock, to ensure the safety and well-being of our campus community.  

As President Barack Obama said this weekend, “On that toughest mile, just when we think that we’ve hit a wall, someone will be there to cheer us on and pick us up if we fall.”  As we move forward from last week’s events, we need to remember that what makes us strong, both as a community and as individuals, is the care, support, and love that we give to one another.  

Peace,
Paul J. Chebator, Ph.D.
Dean of Students