May 3 Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down

Published: Thursday, May 3, 2012

Thumbs Up:
Endless Summer- You’re not to even fathom this now, but the best season is almost here. Whether you’re interning in a city or going abroad, it’s time to put away your Bean Boots and Barbours and to break out your bikinis and boat shoes. BC, smell ya later.

Going Green- Thumbs Up to O’Neill’s new green facelift for next semester. We may be in a “BC is the worst place ever” mindset due to finals week, but even amidst our angst we know we are excited for the new quad. Can’t say we’ll miss the concrete and smokers.

Puppypalooza (maybe?)- So this is rumor and we have no idea where it came from or if it’s true, but apparently there may be puppies and free massages in O’Neill Plaza this week. This would probably be the most awesome thing, short of Marathon Monday, that has ever happened at BC.  At this point in the school year, the only living thing that won’t get on our nerves (sorry, work makes us cranky) is a soft, golden retriever puppy.

Thumbs Down:
Dining Changes- Guess Baja Chicken Mondays just became Baja Chicken Maybe Once a Month. BC Dining’s unpopular, but solidified, decision to switch Hillside off the mandatory meal plan is one of the more depressing choices we’ve experienced. Gone are all the days of ordering plates of frips and endless people watching now that the cafe will host half the usual crowd. Never thought we would say we’ll miss the chaotic dash to get tables after class.

Finals Week- Not sure if there is anything to say here. As you struggle to find a seat in O’Neill, eat your weight in vending machine candy, and have midnight mental breakdowns, just remember that the end is near (thank goodness.) May the odds be ever in your favor. Sadly, knowing BC professors, they probably aren’t. Thanks guys!

Montel Harris- BC’s star player has been dismissed for alleged rule violations. Although we haven’t seen much of the past two seasons, we can say that he will be sorely missed. Unless Chase Rettig finds a magic lamp and wishes to be a young Joe Montana, looks like next year is going to be the bleakest one yet. Three wins seems aggressive.

Summer Hiatus- This is our last TU/TD for the semester, and we know all of our fans must be weeping (ok, so maybe a tinge of sadness? Maybe?). Anyway, we’ll miss writing our column and can’t wait to return next semester. See you all soon!