Spring Concert success bodes well for future

Efforts on behalf of students and UGBC prove that large-scale concerts are a long-term possibility

Published: Monday, April 23, 2012

After last Friday’s successful Spring Concert, The Heights would like to commend both the student body for conducting itself well, and the UGBC for setting up a system that promises to continue to bring quality concerts to Boston College in the future.

Because of the high number of hospital transports that have occurred at past concerts, the administration looked to limit the amount of drinking that students would engage in prior to the show and warned them that negative behavior this time around would have serious repercussions. Moving the time of the event up to 5:30 p.m. proved to serve this end well, as a very low number of transports was reported. Therefore, we feel this is a good model for future concerts, and shows that BC students took the warning to heart.

The concert proved to be a success and was an example of BC students making a change to ensure the return, and continuation of, one of their favorite traditions. Hopefully, this trend of responsible drinking on campus will continue and concerts in the future will be equally successful.

This Spring Concert was a trial run, testing to see if BC students were capable of attending a large-scale, on-campus concert in a safe manner. The Heights commends BC students for rendering the trial run a success and one worthy of being repeated.