Scene & Heard

Published: Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sun Sets On Twilight
On Monday, the black carpet of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 premiere in Los Angeles, Calif. was streamed live on the web. The night was not only monumental because it  was the premiere of the last film in the saga, but also because stars Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson made their first public appearance together since their infamous breakup and cheating scandal. Onlookers reported that Stewart was being affectionate with Pattinson in the few moments they were together. Could this mean all is forgiven, or was it just good publicity?

Madonna's Fanny
Madonna is at it again! It seems that the material girl just can’t keep her clothes on lately—but this time, it’s for a good cause. During her Monday night concert in New York City, she told the crowd that she will show her naked derriere in order to “raise some cash” for Hurricane Sandy victims. Before her concert, Madonna visited Rockaways in Queens to lend her support to the victims of Sandy.

Sean Penn: Action Star
Sean Penn is your modern day method actor. He can play almost any role, and he has. Now, he can (almost) add action star to his resume. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Penn is currently in negotiations with Silver Pictures to star in an action movie called Prone Gunman. The film will be based on a novel by Jean-Patrick Manchette, and the story will “center on an international operative … betrayed by the organization he works for and must go on the run.” Sounds very similar to the Jason Bourne stories, but with a French twist.

Nashville Goes Big
Premiering mid-October for the fall television season, Nashville was well received by critics and viewers alike. Now, ABC has announced that it too likes the show well enough to pick it up for a full season. The show has been given the back-nine order from the studio, bringing the total number of episodes for its first season up to about 17. Nashville stars Connie Britton (American Horror Story) and Hayden Panettiere (Heroes) as country-singing rivals in Nashville, Tenn.

Victoria's Secret Blunder
Victoria’s Secret has made headlines before about their lingerie being viewed as insensitive or insulting to minority groups. While filming their annual fashion show, model Karlie Kloss walked down the runway in a Native American headdress and matching animal print lingerie. Among the backlash from Native American groups and bloggers, one wrote that it was particularly offensive to put a war bonnet on a white female, because they are worn by men. Victoria’s Secret and Kloss have both issued apologies, and the outfit will be edited out of the Dec. 4 broadcast.