Senior Pass No Longer Offered After Violation

Over 300 Students Will Receive Refunds For Purchased Tickets

Published: Thursday, September 13, 2012

The 2012 Boston College Senior Pass is no longer being offered to BC seniors due to a policy violation involving BC’s indicia. The Senior Pass, created by Michael Nardella, A&S ’13, and Anthony Russo, CSOM ’13, was offered to seniors as an all-inclusive pass to events throughout the fall and spring semesters. The $129 ticket included a pass to six events: a booze cruise and pub crawl in downtown Boston, a “Freight Fiesta” Halloween party, a “Top of the Hub” event on the top of the Prudential Center, a Valentine’s Day event, a March Madness tournament with a grand prize, and a second booze cruise and pub crawl event during Senior Week. The ticket also included a t-shirt and photo album.

Before its cancellation, over 300 seniors had purchased a Senior Pass. The program, which was intended to provide a convenient access pass for BC seniors, was originally designed by Nardella and Russo this past summer and held no affiliation to Boston College.

“The Senior Pass [was] a ‘one ticket one pass’ for seniors to have a really fun senior year,” Nardella said. “Almost every senior had heard about it, and most [showed] interest in the passes.”
As a junior, Nardella had created a similar program with two recent BC graduates for the Class of 2012 seniors. The program included a booze cruise and pub crawl, and over 950 seniors attended. Nardella hoped for similar success in this year’s program.

“We [weren’t] quite sure how successful the event would be,” Nardella said. “We [were] looking to get around 600 students.”
On late Wednesday afternoon, Nardella and Russo met with Dean of Students Paul Chebator and discussed the matter. The program was officially shut down after the meeting. Neither Nardella nor Russo are choosing to challenge the decision. They assert that the seniors who purchased a Senior Pass have since been informed and will receive a refund by Sept. 25.

“I am not unhappy with anyone nor am I fighting this … We are voluntarily canceling [the program] after being notified of a possible Boston College policy violation involving Boston College’s indicia,” Nardella said in an email. “All students will be getting their money back in full.”