Sept. 13 Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down

Published: Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Thumbs Up
Open tables at Hillside- It was Tuesday, Sept. 4, 2012 at 1:15 p.m. when TU, TD realized that we had an unbearable hunger for a New England Classic. The horror, we thought! Getting a table during the lunch rush? We have a better chance at marrying Father Leahy! Yet, when we walked in, there was barely anyone there. At first we thought that they must have found traces of E.coli in the Boston beef (but really, there is something fishy about that sandwich…) but then a friend told us it’s because Hillside isn’t on the meal plan anymore. As a junior with a Flex plan, this means nothing. Bring on the frips, and transitively, the 15 pounds.

Being best buds with Baldwin- All our friends were friended by Baldwin Eagle the other day. We, however, were excluded from this friending spree and had to pretend that like, being friended by Baldwin is just like, no big deal. Yet, this morning, Baldwin finally decided we were cool enough! We’ve never felt more Boston College-y.

Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell success- A study done by The Palm Center, a leading research institute for information about controversial issues,  stated that the repeal of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell had no/a slightly positive effect on the military. Thumbs up for equality and thumbs up for the U.S. military.

Gangnam Style- Yes, we know, we are really late on this one, but we can’t get enough of the music video for Gangnam Style.  It’s  every horrible rap music video cliche in one place. There are explosions, girls in bikinis, yachts, and a catchy horse dance that we will definitley be breaking out at parties. Who do we have to pay to get this one on the Cityside jukebox? 

Remembering the fallen- Eleven years after Sept. 11th, it is nice to know America still remembers the fallen.  Every social media site we were on was covered with patriotic statuses and videos. 9/11, never forget.

Thumbs Down:

Corgi crisis- We’ve been really into corgis this summer. After we saw them in the Olympic Opening Ceremony, we spent a majority of our Friday afternoons at work searching them on YouTube—corgis playing in water fountains, a Corgi singing “Call Me Maybe” (his stage name: Corgi Rae Jepsen), a corgi bellyflopping, and of course, Corgi Cam. So we really took it hard when we found out that Monty the royal Corgi, one of the stars of the Bond sketch, passed away the other day. Let’s all take a moment to remember one of the world’s cutest dogs.

Chris Brown- Everyone’s favorite creeper and someone who is a  permanent Thumbs Down, Chris Brown, just got a little bit creepier by getting a tattoo of what looks like a women’s battered face on his neck. He claims it’s a Mexican cultural symbol, but we think he is full of sh—t. Why can’t this guy just be put on the Lost Island already?