Shake Shack Cooks Up A New Boston Location

Garutti, CEO Of Shake Shack Predicts Profits In Boston

Published: Wednesday, September 19, 2012

It’s really no secret that some of the best food often comes from a tiny, street-corner cart, a hole-in the-wall restaurant, a rolling truck, or, in this case, an eco-friendly, burger-serving Shake Shack. Priding itself on its simple yet majestic take on burgers, hotdogs, custards, and, of course, shakes, Shake Shack actually began as an itty-bitty hotdog stand in Manhattan’s Madison Square Park 11 years ago, and in just a few months, this no longer hidden secret is coming to Boston, ready to serve up some of its delectable classics.

Originally, the Shack was founded by Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group (USHG) in order to support the Madison Square Park Conservancy’s first art installation, “I ‘heart’ Taxi.” The kiosk became an inevitable success: fans remained faithful, lines steadily formed, so Shake Shack opened in the park the next two summers as well. In 2004, they were finally approved by the New York City’s Department of Parks & Recreation and the Madison Square Park Conservancy to establish a permanent location there. Thus, Shake Shack formally opened its doors, and as their creatively designed website says, “The rest … is burger history.”

Shack Shack’s widespread appeal is the result of an array of many different things. With fun menu options like the Shack Stack, the Shack Attack, and the Shack-ago Dog, it’s no wonder that this modern-day, “roadside” burger joint is so incredibly popular. The recipes are not only unique, but they are also made from all-natural, organic ingredients sourced from trusted artisanal producers. Furthermore, the entire Shack, from the construction of the tabletops to the usage of electricity, is 100 percent green, recycled, and sustainable. The company’s commitment to quality, in all regards, makes it a sure restaurant favorite in cities all over.

There’s a hefty handful of Shacks scattered throughout New York, and there are a couple in Connecticut, Washington D.C., Florida, and Pennsylvania as well. Several locations have even opened internationally in the Middle East. Shake Shack’s imminent move to Beantown, though, is obviously the most exciting. It will be situated along U.S. Route 9 and 33 Boylston Street in Chestnut Hill among some of the region’s finest shopping destinations, which are actually being redesigned with plenty of luscious, green trees and quaint, village-like walkways that will suit the whimsical and enchanting ambiance of Shake Shack perfectly.

An established and beloved community gathering place, Shake Shack will certainly flourish in the Boston area. “With its proximity to Boston College, Chestnut Hill is a thriving community to bring Shake Shack,” said Randy Garutti, Shake Shack CEO. “We’re thrilled to make Boston our new home, and we look forward to bringing Shake Shack to other compelling sites in great neighborhoods in the Boston area.”