SidelineSuperfan: Basketball Recruits "In Limbo"

Sports Editor

Published: Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The story was first posted on SidelineSuperfan, The Heights Sports section's blog. To visit the blog, go to sidelinesuperfan.wordpress.com

The first ill effects of a coaching change may start showing themselves at Chestnut Hill. The arrival of recruits Kevin Noreen and Papa Samba Ndao, who committed to Boston College in June and November, respectively, "may be in limbo," according to a source close to the situation.

Noreen and Ndao were recruited by former head coach Al Skinner and his staff. New head coach Steve Donahue has put the finishing touches on his own staff, comprised of former Cornell assistant Nat Graham, former Columbia head coach Joe Jones, and former University of Pennsylvania assistant John Gallagher. With the new staff have come some issues regarding the recruits.

Noreen is reconsidering coming to BC, but Donahue and his staff are making a concerted effort to retain the 6-8 power forward from Minneapolis, Minn, the source said. The new coaching staff is worried about Ndao's ability to succeed academically, the source said.

No official decisions have been made on the status of either Noreen or Ndao. If Donahue decides not to bring in either recruit, he will be left with only freshman Brady Heslip for next year's team. There are also no rising sophomores on the team.

The coaching staff was unavailable for comment.

1 comments