Star Value

Willow Shields Of ‘Hunger Games' Is Set To Succeed

Published: Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Upon hearing the name “Primrose Everdeen,” I shouted, as any true fan of The Hunger Games might instinctually shout, “I volunteer as tribute!” Although she appeared minimally in the first installment of the popular books, Prim is an essential character in the storyline of The Hunger Games, with the potential to become much more prominent as the story progresses. Similarly, Willow Shields, the 12-year-old who plays Prim in the film interpretation of The Hunger Games, has the potential to become a prominent young actress within the Hunger Games franchise and beyond. Although Shields had minimal acting experience before auditioning for Hunger Games, the strong performances she displayed in the few series of small roles that made up her acting repertoire (including a stint on an episode of In Plain Sight) were enough for her to land the coveted role of Prim. The Hunger Games, however, is merely the beginning of Shields’ promising career. The actress is already set to reprise her role as Prim in all of the remaining films, has recently guest-starred on an episode of R.I. Stein’s The Haunting Hour, and is attached to the upcoming films A Fall From Grace and Conversations With Andy. With a major film already under her belt and countless other roles to choose from, Shields is on the road to becoming quite the successful young actress, and it’s safe to say that the odds are definitely in her favor.