The following letter is from Jerry York, Head Coach of Men's Hockey

Head Coach, Men's Hockey, BC '67

Published: Wednesday, October 24, 2012

To the students of Boston College:

I write to you today for two reasons. First, to thank you for yet another outstanding display of pride and amazing support at our season-opening game against Northeastern last Saturday. Raising the Championship Banner is always a very special time. The energy and excitement of a packed Kelley Rink impacts our locker room.  We feed off of it. It never gets old.

Secondly, I write to challenge each of you. BC is a special place. As BC students you  have amazing minds and great talents. When you support our team, I ask that you put your talents to work. Think creatively when joining together in unison to cheer on the Eagles. Think creatively when coming up with new chants and cheers. Continue to make things interesting for your fellow fans and inspiring for our team.

When doing so, we only ask that you use sound judgment in language. Please don’t curse.  We travel to other arenas and hear things I never want to hear. Our hockey program belongs to BC. It belongs to the students, alums young and old, and fans alike. Game day at BC is where we join together in pride. It should be enjoyable for everyone.  

Thank you for taking the time to read this letter. Thank you again for your support of Boston College hockey. Please continue to take ownership of the environment in which we compete, and continue to make the Kelley Rink environment the most unique in college hockey.

1 comments