UGBC Fall Concert Will Feature Time Flies, Lupe Fiasco

This year’s Fall Concert, hosted by the UGBC, will feature hip hop duo Timeflies and Lupe Fiasco in Conte Forum on Friday, Sept. 21, at 5 p.m.

Student DJs Guy Dupont, head of ILO Productions and LSOE ’13, and Sha-lee Flavius, aka Mr. Wake UppCSOM ’14, will open the concert.

“I’m excited about this show,” said Michael Cavoto, director of campus entertainment for UGBC and A&S ’13.  “As long as the students come and enjoy the music, I’ve done my job.”

Like last spring, tickets will go on sale through the Robsham Theater website, starting at 8 a.m. on Monday, Sept. 10. Students who wish to buy tickets should log into the site beforehand to ensure access once tickets go on sale. According to Cavoto, there is a high probability that the concert will sell out this year.

Upon purchasing the tickets online, students will need to pick up their physical tickets from the Robsham box office.

The earlier start time of the concert is similar to the Spring Concert hosted last semester, which was intended to decrease medical transports. Like the Spring Concert, the doors will close after an hour and a half and no students will be admitted to the concert after this point. Last spring, the concert sold out despite the earlier start time, and was effective in lowering the number of medical incidents.

This year’s show will end around 8:30 p.m.

Taylour Kumpf, Editor-in-Chief, contributed to this report.