Six Seniors Arraigned For Vandalism

Yesterday in Brighton District Court, six Boston College students-Charles Howe, Timothy Orr, Arthur Pidoriano, Christian Rockefeller, David Rogers, and Matthew Tolkowsky, all A&S ’13-were charged with breaking and entering a Brighton apartment as well as with the willful and malicious destruction of property over the value of $250, according to a press release from the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office.

Prosecutors said that at approximately 11:30 p.m. on the night of Mar. 16, the six broke into a Gerald Road apartment.  They then punched holes in the walls, urinated throughout the apartment, and threw eggs, milk, and other food, according to prosecutors. Also damaged were two tables, two speakers, and a clothes dryer; the men allegedly damaged the machine’s gas line, which was located close to a furnace. According to the press release, prosecutors alleged that the group of students “fled the scene, failing to provide any warning to the resident who continued to sleep as the building filled with gas.” Total damages are estimated at $25,000.

National Grid, the Boston Police Department, and the Boston Fire Department responded to an emergency call that was traced to a phone owned by Pidoriano. “During a recorded interview with Boston Police in the presence of his attorney, Pidoriano made post-Miranda statements admitting that the defendants were responsible for the vandalism, prosecutors said,” read the release. “Based on those statements and additional evidence developed by detectives, Boston Police sought and obtained complaints charging all six defendants.”

All six have been released on their own recognizance, on the conditions that they refrain from alcohol and drug use, submit to random screenings, and stay away from both the victims of this case and the location where the incident occurred. All of the defendants will return to court on May 16.