Arts

This Weekend In Arts: February 14-16

1. Boston Loves Impressionism

(Friday 2/14 to Sunday 2/16)
The MFA’s first crowdsourced exhibit Boston Loves Impressionism features 30 paintings chosen by the public. In honor of its opening and Friday’s holiday, the museum is hosting a series of special events, including a screening of When Harry Met Sally. For more information, visit www.mfa.org.

2. Bugs Bunny Film Festival
(Saturday 2/15 to Sunday 2/23)
The Bugs Bunny Film Festival is coming to the Brattle Theater in Cambridge, where they will screen episodes featuring Bugs Bunny and other Looney Tunes characters for the next three weekends. Matinee tickets are $8. See brattlefilm.org for show times.

3. CCE Chocolate-Covered Improv Show
(Saturday 2/15, 7 p.m.)
The Committee For Creative Enactments’ Valentine’s Day-themed improv show is taking place in Fulton 511 on Saturday. Admission is free.

4. Newport Jazz Festival
(Thursday 2/13 8 p.m.)
Held at Berklee Performance Center, Newport Jazz Festival: NOW 60 will feature the talents of seven musicians, all paying tribute to the genre. Tickets start at $45 through http://tickets.celebrityseries.org.

5. Paris Night & Day
(Ongoing)
Opening this Saturday, the latest exhibit at the McMullen Museum of Art features the work of 20th century Parisian photographers including Man Ray, Henri Cartier-Bresson, and Dora Marr, who all captured the City of Light in new, innovative ways. Admission is free.

6. Sexual Chocolate Big Show
(Friday 2/14, 7:00 p.m.)
Boston College’s all-male step team Sexual Chocolate is presenting its “Big Show” in Robsham on Friday. The Valentine’s Day performance will also feature The Heightsmen. Tickets are $10, available either online or at the box office.

7. Winter’s Tale
(Ongoing)
Winter’s Tale, based on the acclaimed novel by Mark Helprin, tells the story of two star-crossed lovers (Colin Farrell and Jessica Brown Findlay) in early 20th century New York. The movie opens Friday.