Arts

This Weekend In Arts: February 20-22

1. Acapelooza  
(Thursday 2/20 7:30 p.m.)
The Dynamics, Sharps, Heightsmen, Jammin’ Toast, and Against the Current are set to perform in McGuinn 121 on Thursday night. The concert will be a benefit for Camp AmeriKids, an organization that provides a summer camp experience for children affected by or infected with HIV/AIDS and sickle cell anemia. Tickets will be sold for $5 at the door.

2. Boston Loves Impressionism
(Ongoing)
The MFA’s first crowdsourced exhibit Boston Loves Impressionism features 30 paintings chosen by the public. The exhibit features the works of Monet, Van Gogh, and Degas, among others. For more information, visit mfa.org. Admission to the MFA is free with a BC ID.

3. ‘The Circle Mirror Transformation’
(Thursday 2/20 to Saturday 2/22, 7:30 p.m.)
Maggie Kearnan, A&S ’14,  makes her directorial debut with The Circle Mirror Transformation, a play about characters living in a small, artsy community who take drama classes together. Student tickets are $10 through the Robsham Theatre Box Office.

4. ‘Close To Chuck’
(Ongoing)

Part of the Boston Ballet’s 50th anniversary celebration, its new show features a trio of works by three contemporary and visionary choreographers, including Bella Figura, C. to C. (Close to Chuck), and Resonance. The ballet is running from Feb. 20 to Mar. 2 at the Boston Opera House. For show times and tickets see bostonballet.org.

5. Graham Colton Concert
(Thursday 2/20, 9 p.m.)
After releasing his latest album at the end of January, American singer-songwriter Graham Colton is stopping at T.T. the Bear’s in Cambridge for a concert. Tickets are $10 in advance through ticketweb.com or $12 at the door.

6. ‘Inequality For All’ film Screening
(Thursday 2/20, 4:30 p.m.)
Former US Secretary of Labor Robert Reich’s expose Inequality for All will be screened on Thursday in Fulton 511. The film was honored at the Sundance Film Festival, and highlights issues of inequality and the middle class. Refreshments will be served at the event, and the screening will be followed by a live webcast by Reich.

7. ‘Pompeii’
(Ongoing)
Set in Rome in 79 A.D., Pompeii is an action-drama about a slave turned gladiator who battles to save his true love as Mount Vesuvius erupts and destroys the city. The movie opens in Boston on Friday.

8. SLAMnesty Uncensored  
(Saturday 2/22, 8 p.m.)
Boston College Amnesty International is presenting an evening of spoken word and slam poetry in Gasson 100 this weekend. Female step team F.I.S.T.S will also be performing at the event. Admission is free.

9. Tracy K. Smith   
(Thursday 2/20, 7 p.m.)
Part of the Lowell Humanities Series, Poetry Days is sponsoring a lecture by poet Tracy K. Smith in Gasson 100 on Thursday. Her most recent collection, Life on Mars, won the 2012 Pulitzer Prize. The event is free.

10. University Chorale Concert   
(Saturday 2/22, 7 p.m.)
The University Chorale’s annual Winter Concert will feature Chorale classics including “Beati Quorum Via” and “Come Thou Fount,” as well as new selections from the Magnificat and the St. Nicholas Mass. The concert will be in St. Ignatius Church and is free.