Arts

This Weekend In Arts: April 3-6

ALC Showdown 2014
(Saturday 4/5, 7:30 p.m.)
The biggest dance show of the year is coming to Conte Forum this weekend. Groups including Sexual Chocolate, Synergy, UPrising, Masti, Dance Ensemble, Phymus, BC Irish Dance, VIP, Fuego, VSA, PATU, and F.I.S.T.S. will compete to win this year’s contest. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $15 at the Robsham box office.

‘Captain America 2’
(Opening Friday)
Chris Evans reprises his role as Captain America in the sequel Captain America: The Winter Soldier. The action flick finds the hero struggling to adapt to contemporary society while at the same time battling a Soviet villain from the past.

‘Dancing at Lughnasa’
(Thursday 4/3 to Saturday 4/5, 7:30 p.m.)
Sarah Kelley, A&S ’14, is directing Dancing at Lughnasa, an award-winning play about a man who shares his memories of living in Ireland during the early 1900s. Tickets for the Bonn Studio Theater production are $10.

My Mother’s Fleabag Big Show
(Friday 4/4 to Saturday 4/5, 7 and 10 p.m.)
BC’s improv comedy group My Mother’s Fleabag is presenting its Big Show four times throughout this weekend. Admission is free, but seating is limited, as the O’Connell House does fill up quickly.

Oliver Stone Lecture
(Saturday 4/5, 1:30 p.m.)
Director of hits including Platoon, JFK, and Wall Street, Oliver Stone will be speaking in Robsham with historian Peter Kuznick about their TV documentary series and book The Untold History of the United States. Tickets are free through Robsham.

Pentatonix Concert
(Friday 4/4 to Saturday 4/5, 8 p.m.)
Known for winning the third season of The Sing-Off, the five-part a cappella group Pentatonix is playing a few shows at the House of Blues this weekend. Most tickets are sold out through Live Nation, but resale tickets may be available through their partner sites.

Wine and Cheese and Glassblowing Night
(Saturday 4/5, 5:30 p.m.)
BC2Boston is sponsoring a trip to the Diablo Glass School in Boston. The evening will include an assortment of wines, cheeses, and other snacks, as well as a glassblowing demonstration. The event is open to all ages, but identification is required for wine. Tickets are $20 online through Robsham.