Arts

This Weekend In Arts: April 10-13

Annual Art Showcase   

(Thursday 4/10, 7 p.m.)
In honor of its 43rd annual Black Family Weekend, the Black Student Forum is presenting an art showcase themed “Can’t Stop Won’t Stop” in the Vanderslice Cabaret Room. The event will feature Harlem spoken word artist Zora Howard, among other talents.

British Invasion Cafe  
(Friday 4/11 7:30 p.m.)
The Sharps invite you to “keep calm and sing along” for the group’s spring a cappella cafe, to be held on Friday night in McGuinn 121. The concert will include renditions of Justin Timberlake’s “Drink You Away” and One Direction’s “Story of My Life,” just to name a few. Admission is free.

Chorale’s Spring Concert
(Saturday 4/12, 8 p.m.)
Works including “Magnificat,” “Te Due,” and “Jubilate Deo” will be among those performed by the University Chorale in Newton’s Trinity Chapel on Saturday evening. Tickets are $10 through Robsham.

Culture Shock
(Friday 4/11, 7 p.m.)
The International Club of Boston College is hosting an evening of free desserts and dance performances from around the world in Gasson 100 on Friday night.

‘EELS Backwards Is Love’
(Friday 4/11 and Saturday 4/12, 7:30 and 10:30 p.m.)
Sketch comedy troupe Hello … Shovelhead! is hosting its spring show, featuring both veteran and new members, this weekend in Fulton 511. Admission is $5, with all proceeds benefitting the Campus School.

Music Guild Rocks Faneuil Hall
(Sunday 4/13, 12 p.m.)
From noon to 4 p.m., BC student musicians will be playing outside of downtown Boston’s Faneuil Hall near Quincy Market. The free event, sponsored by the Music Guild, will include performances by JUICE, Bobnoxious & The Mastercraftsmen, Free Alley, Luiza Prochaska Justus, Thomas Harpole,  and many others.

‘Quilts And Color’
(Ongoing)
The Museum of Fine Arts has stitched together a selection of vibrant, eye-popping American quilts from the Pilgrim/Roy Collection for its latest display, which opened last week. In conjunction with the colorful exhibit, the MFA will put on light shows each of the nights the museum stays open late-Wednesday through Friday at both 8 p.m. and 9 p.m. Admission is free with a BC ID.

Senior Showcase Improv Show
(Friday 4/11, 7 p.m.)
The Committee for Creative Enactments, BC’s murder mystery improv group, is spotlighting its senior members as they participate in their last show with the CCE. The event will take place in Cushing 001. Admission is free.

Stix & Stones 2014 
(Friday 4/11, 6:30 p.m.)
The Acoustics and The Bostonians are teaming up for their annual free Stix & Stones show. Doubling the a cappella, the two groups will be singing outside of Lower Dining Hall. If it rains, the concert will be held in the Vanderslice Cabaret Room.

‘Under The Skin’  
(Ongoing)
Scarlett Johansson plays a seductive female alien who preys on human men in Jonathan Glazer’s new sci-fi drama. Under the Skin opens at the Coolidge Corner Theater this weekend.

Voices Of Imani Concert 
(Sunday 4/13 at 5 p.m.)
BC gospel choir Voice of Imani is hosting a concert on Sunday evening in Gasson 100, coinciding with the release of their new album Road to Heaven on iTunes. CDs will be available for purchase at the event.