T-Swift Moves ‘Out Of The (Country) Woods,’ Plus More Singles This Week

Taylor Swift, “Out of the Woods”

After much talk, Taylor Swift finally released her new single, and it’s more pleasing than “Shake it Off.” Straying from her country roots, Swift takes more of a pop/synthetic approach in the song, which has a continuously catchy beat. With her strong acoustics, Swift showcases newfound talent with synthesizers and strong lyrics.

5  Seconds of Summer, “Good Girls”

Smiley face

Unfortunately, this British group has come out with another typical boy band song—one that doesn’t have the best of messages, either. With their unoriginal usage of pop beats, the song doesn’t properly showcase the voices of each member, as the instruments seem louder than their voices. Hopefully in their next single, the band will shine more than the instruments.

Marina and the Diamonds, “Froot”

3.5 Stars

Marina’s unique voice is audible in her new single, but the sounds that she chooses to match up with her voice don’t work quite as well as her older songs. The song has a disco/pop feel, but it doesn’t work out as well as planned. Although a voice can make a song, the words and sounds are just as important, and Marina doesn’t quite get that in “Froot.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex1cSloxf9Q

Featured Image Courtesy of Big Machine Records