Arts, Music, On Campus, Off Campus

This Weekend In Arts: Seaver’s Express, Andrew McMahon, And More

Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness Concert

(Sunday 11/9, 6:30 p.m.)
Piano rocker Andrew McMahon—known for being the frontman of both Something Corporate and Jack’s Mannequin—is setting up camp in the House of Blues this Sunday to promote the first album under his latest moniker. Tickets start at $36.75 through Ticketmaster.

Boston College Symphony Orchestra

(Sunday 11/9, 8 p.m.)
The BCSO will be performing its annual fall concert this Sunday in Gasson 100, featuring pieces from Handel, Mendelssohn, and Beethoven. Presented by the BC music department, the concert will take place in Gasson 100. Admission is free.

Fantasy football comedy hour

(Saturday 11/8, 11 p.m.)
Sunday football just got a lot funnier, thanks to the jokesters at ImprovBoston. The comedy troupe is taking the field with their fantasy football-themed improv show, just hours before Sunday kickoff. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased through Eventbrite.

Free Dunkin’ Donuts

(Thursday 11/6, 7 a.m.)
It’ll be early, but you “donut” want to miss this: the Dunkin’ Donuts at 235 Washington St. in Boston is giving away free Croissant Donuts in honor of the company’s introduction of the hybrid pastry. You’ll have to act fast to get these “cronuts,” as supplies are limited to the first 500 guests.

From Mind to Mic

(Thursday 11/6, 6:30 p.m.)
Boston College’s Asian Caucus is hosting its 10th annual From Mind To Mic event in the Rat, featuring YouTube singer-songwriter sensation Joseph Vincent, campus indie rock band Juice, as well as the a cappella group Against the Current. Free student tickets for the concert are available through Robsham.

Hasslefest 6: Boston’s Underground Music Festival

(Friday 11/7 to Saturday 11/8)
It may be a hassle to get to Somerville, but this weekend-long underground music festival promises to be worth your while. Hasslefest will feature a line-up of over 40 local and national musical acts, with tickets starting at $17 per day. See bostonhasslefest.com for more information.

ICA First Fridays

(Friday 11/7, 5 p.m.)
Get tangled up in the Institute of Contemporary Art’s new fiber sculpture exhibit, Hooked and Twisted, during this month’s special First Fridays event. The evening will include a “Yarn Bomb Scavenger Hunt,” a mixed media craft session, spotlight talks, and music by DJ Stenny. The event is 21-plus. Admission is free, but reservations are encouraged.

Nick Offerman

(Friday 11/7, 7:30 p.m. & 10 p.m.)
Just because Nick Offerman won’t be appearing at the Wilbur Theatre this Friday as Ron Swanson from Parks and Recreation does not mean you should brush his “Full Bush” stand up routine aside. Tickets for the comedy show start at $41.70 through Ticketmaster.

Seavers Express Concert

(Saturday 11/8, 5:30 p.m.)
Get on board with Seavers Express this Saturday night. The band will be performing in the Superfan Zone for about 75 minutes before the Boston College vs. University of Louisville football game at Alumni Stadium. The show is free, but a Gold Pass is required for entrance.

Featured Image Courtesy of Tim Lee / The Signal