Fall, Featured Story

Field Hockey Coach Ainslee Lamb Resigns

Head coach of the Boston College field hockey team, Ainslee Lamb, will step down from her post at the close of this month, ending a spectacular 10-year run on the sidelines of the Newton Campus Field Hockey Complex, per BC Athletics. With Lamb at the helm, the Eagles avoided a losing record, accumulating a record of 121-75 since 2005. The Eagles reached four NCAA Tournaments, including the last two. Lamb provided an official statement regarding her departure on bceagles.com. “Leaving the BC family was an extremely difficult decision for me,” Lamb said. “I have thoroughly enjoyed spending the last 10 years here growing both professionally and personally. I very much appreciate the opportunities that BC provided me and I am proud of the accomplishments of our student-athletes. It’s a wonderful thing to wake up every day and want to get in to the office or onto the field.”

She also guided 20 players to All-American honors, reaching BC’s highest ever ranking in the national polls (fourth). Lamb’s players also excelled in the classroom, with over 25 student-athletes earning nods to all-academic teams in both the ACC and the National Field Hockey Coaches Association. “The student-athletes here at BC have made this a great 10 years and the coaches and administration contributed so much to my enjoyment with the program,” Lamb said. “I look forward to the new challenges that lay ahead as I venture into the sports industry.”

Featured Image by Graham Beck / Heights Senior Staff

Michael Sullivan was the 2017 editor-in-chief of The Heights and a two-time sports editor. He brought this paper to once a week and reminisces about the Wednesdays he could've had at BC. You can still follow his journalistic adventures @MichaelJSully.