Ciara Bets On New Future

Following a much publicized split with auto-tuned R&B songster Future, Ciara has released a self-asserting single and accompanying music video “I Bet.” In the song and accompanying video, Ciara bets on the inevitable likelihood that her ex-lover will miss her when she moves on. The keyword here: “when.” She has evidently not moved on yet , and the music video essentially works to captivates this. As a result, the visuals are empowering at times and vulnerable at others.

The video mainly portrays a provocative Ciara (in dress and pose) in an all white environment. In this space, she embodies perfection. Somehow, even in such a pure and sensual environment, it is not enough for her ex-lover to have kept hold of her. Every once powerful movement is soon tinged by a feeling of sadness. It’s natural, she had to part ways with someone she loved. And with this subtle sadness, dark colors are introduced into the video to highlight the change in mood.

“I Bet” is more than just about resilience and pain. It’s about progression. As the video goes on, we see that she becomes more confident in her movements. She shows off her moves and her perfection more confidently. Even while being conscious of her ex’s mistake, Cia still creates a an engaging piece of art.

Featured Image Courtesy of Epic Records