Associate Dean of Research In GSSW Awarded For Work In Mental Health

The Associate Dean of Research of the Boston College Graduate School of Social Work (GSSW) has been awarded the Leonard I. Pearlin Award for his contributions to research in the field of mental health. The American Sociological Association named David Takeuchi, a sociologist with postdoctoral training in epidemiology and health services research, the recipient of the award. The award will be presented in August in Chicago.

Throughout his career, he has published articles in several journals. He has also written editorials for The Boston Globe and the London School of Economics. Takeuchi has previously won the Legacy Award from the Family Research Consortium as well as the Innovations Award from the National Center on Health and Health Disparities.

Previously, Takeuchi was the Associate Dean of Research at the University of Washington School of Social Work, and earlier, a sociology professor at Indiana University.

Featured Image Courtesy of Boston College Graduate School of Social Work