Search Continues For Stephen Ziska, Missing Boston College Junior
News, On Campus, Off Campus

Update: May 16, 2015

Stephen Ziska, MCAS ’16, safely returned to his home in Brooklyn.

Police continue the search for 20-year-old Stephen Ziska, a native of Brooklyn, N.Y. and MCAS ’16. He has been missing since Monday morning, according to the reports, having been last seen by his roommates leaving his Brookline apartment on Strathmore Road on Monday, May 11 around 11:30 a.m. Ziska was scheduled to take an exam at noon that day, but did not show up. His phone was found in his room in airplane mode.

The Brookline and Boston College police departments are asking the public to share any information they might have on Ziska. The Brookline police are taking calls at 617-730-2222 and the Boston College police at 617-552-4440.

The Boston College community was alerted to the rising senior’s absence on Wednesday morning via phone and email notification. As the University prepares for Commencement weekend, several volunteers can be found around campus, posting fliers with pictures of Ziska. Hundreds of similar images of Ziska are currently taped to windows and streetlights around Brookline and Brighton.

Ziska is 5’11”, weighing approximately 190 pounds with short brown hair and brown eyes, according to those familiar with him. He wears glasses. Several fliers suggest he could have a beard at this time.

A computer science major with an interest in biology, Ziska has served as a volunteer with Appalachia service group while at BC. According to his LinkedIn profile, he is an information technology intern with the Athletic Department and, in the past, worked for the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York and volunteered with Comprehensive Physical Therapy. He came to BC from Regis High School, a prestigious all-boys Jesuit school in Manhattan.

Featured Image by John Wiley / Heights Editor