Wiz And T.I. Hit Basic Bars, Janet Jackson Strikes Back In Singles This Week

Wiz Khalifa (feat. Rae Sremmurd) – “Burn Slow”

Complete with misogyny-laden bars, cannabis worship, and a Trap-influenced flow, all in the vein of last year’s smash, “We Dem Boyz”, Wiz Khalifa’s new single “Burn Slow” features the lethal hit-making combination of Mike WiLL Made-It behind the boards and Atlanta duo Rae Sremmurd on the hook. Horizons won’t be expanded, but charts will be climbed.

Janet Jackson – “Unbreakable”

In conjunction with the release date and tracklist for Unbreakable—her forthcoming 11th studio album—Janet Jackson has released the title track as the album’s second single. “Unbreakable” is an impeccably-produced burst of positivity with air tight vocal harmonies and a feel-good aesthetic. Unbreakable, which reunites Jackson with legendary production duo Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, is due out Oct. 2.

T.I. – “Check, Run It”

After teasing via Instagram what appears to be a brand new release this coming Sept. 11, T.I. has dropped “Check, Run It”. The single finds the reigning “King of the South” adopting the sparse production and triplet-laced flow of his younger peers in Atlanta’s booming Trap movement. Trend-chasing aside, the veteran MC’s reliably smooth delivery ensures immediate hip-hop appeal.

Featured Image by Atlantic Records