‘Black Mass,’ Alex Navarro Band, And Panic! At The Disco This Weekend In Arts

Alex Navarro Band

(Friday, 10 P.M.)

The Alex Navarro Band will be performing its first show of the school year this weekend at the Middle East Corner. Doors open at 9:30 p.m. and the show begins at 10, but space is limited, so try to be there early.

‘Black Mass’

(Opens Friday)

In the 1970s, Whitey Bulger (Johnny Depp), a notorious Boston Irish-mobster, is persuaded by John Connolly, an FBI Agent, to work extensively with the FBI to take down the Italian mafia in Boston.

Boston Local Food Festival

(Sunday, 11 A.M.)

The Sustainable Business Network is having its sixth annual Local Food Festival this Sunday at the Rose F. Kennedy Greenway. Come try food from some of Boston’s best local restaurants, farmers, and food trucks. Admission is free.

Cody Simpson

(Saturday, 7 P.M.)

Come see Australia’s latest pop and singer-songwriter sensation, Cody Simpson, perform at the Boston House of Blues this Saturday. Tickets can be purchased at the Boston House of Blues’ website.

Collegiate Comedy Extravaganza

(Saturday, 8 P.M.)

Boston College’s Committee for Creative Enactments will be having its first improv show of the semester, the Collegiate Comedy Extravaganza, this Saturday night in Stokes South 195. Admission is free.

‘Everest’

(Opens Friday)

Based on true events, a commercial expedition team, Adventure Consultants, takes amateur and professional climbers to the peak of Mount Everest. In the spring of 1996, however, disaster strikes the adventurers.

‘Maze Runner’

(Opens Friday)

The second film in the Maze Runner saga, Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials, hits theaters this Friday. Thomas and the rest of the Gladers search for clues about the mysterious and powerful organization, the W.C.K.D.

Panic! at the Disco

(Thursday, 5 p.m.)

American alternative-rock sensation Panic! at the Disco will be playing at Boston City Hall Plaza this Thursday night. Tickets for the concert can be purchased through myradio929.com. Doors open at 4 p.m.

Featured Image Courtesy of DCD2 Records