Chipotle Norovirus Plagues 10 Men’s Basketball Players
Sports, Top Story, Basketball, Men's Basketball

Update: Dec. 9, 2:14p.m.: Amy Alyssa Costa, Asst. Director of Health Services for Sports Medicine, confirmed in an email to The Heights that the Boston College men’s basketball players have been diagnosed with norovirus, not E. coli, as was previous reported. The count of players who have gotten sick is now up to 10.

Eight Boston College men’s basketball players have been diagnosed with E. coli, according to sources close to Eric Hoffses of Eagle Action. BC Athletics has yet to confirm. Earlier today, an email was sent to the BC student body reporting several cases of food poisoning linked to the Cleveland Circle Chipotle.

Earlier today, The Heights acquired an email with a message from school physician, Thomas Nary, warning all student-athletes to inform their coaches to avoid the Chipotle in Cleveland Circle.

BC Athletics has not reported which players have been diagnosed with E. coli. However, the incident could prove troubling for the Eagles’ game against Providence College on Wednesday evening.

Featured Image by Daniella Fasciano / Heights Editor

Michael Sullivan was the 2017 editor-in-chief of The Heights and a two-time sports editor. He brought this paper to once a week and reminisces about the Wednesdays he could've had at BC. You can still follow his journalistic adventures @MichaelJSully.