Arts

‘The Jungle Book,’ AHANA’s Showdown, and ‘Guys and Doll’ This Weekend in the Arts

AHANA presents: Showdown

(Saturday at 6 p.m.)

This weekend, the AHANA Leadership Council brings its annual Showdown dance competition to campus. This highly anticipated event features competing BC dance teams of all genres, themed dance numbers, and impressive student-made choreography.

Break the Bubble

(Saturday at 1 p.m.)

Take a day trip to Boston’s Faneuil Hall this Saturday afternoon for the Music Guild’s “Break the Bubble” music festival. Come support your favorite BC bands, rappers, duets, and many more at this one-of-a-kind off-campus event.

‘Criminal’

(Opens Friday)

Starring Kevin Costner and Ryan Reynolds, this new action-drama is sure to be a suspenseful thrill ride for the crime-buster types. Human experimentation, mind-transplants, and secret agents collide as a criminal-turned-CIA agent attempts to thwart a sinister international conspiracy.

‘Guys and Dolls’

(Thurs-Sat at 8 p.m.)

Grab your tickets now for this weekend’s theater performance of the popular musical Guys and Dolls. Boston’s historic Cutler Majestic Theater is your destination for a rousing story of what happens when glamor, gambling, and gangsters collide.

Juice / William Bolton at Garage

(Friday at 9 p.m.)

Popular night club Garage will play host to two of BC’s most beloved music acts. If you want to hear Juice and Willy B play at an exciting venue, get to the club’s Crystal Room early, for the event is expected to fill up quickly.

Frankie Ballard

(Friday at 7 p.m.)

Country crooner Frankie Ballard will take the stage this Friday at the House of Blues. Country fans can expect the singer to play his hit, chart-topping songs like “Helluva Life” and “Sunshine and Whiskey.”

Stand Up For a Cause

(Friday at 7 p.m.)

Don’t miss this exciting Robsham show featuring hilarious BC comedians as well as professional stand-up comedian Dana Jay Bein. All proceeds will be donated to the Prevent Child Abuse America Foundation. Enjoy the show and support a great cause!

‘The Jungle Book’

(Opens Friday)

A beloved Disney animated film is getting a makeover. The gripping story of young Mowgli and his jungle friends will come to the silver screen with human actors, impressive CGI effects, and a whole lot of playful jump scares.

Featured Image By Walt Disney Studios