Bastille, Black Eyed Peas, and Sia in Singles This Week

Bastille, “Send Them Off!”

3

“Send Them Off!” is another great release from Bastille, sure to be a hit for the band. The track exudes a swagger and confidence that entices the listener to bounce along to the beat.  The song does, however, hold a certain unconventionality in its pacing that sets itself aside from most of the other hits topping the charts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yhuSy7_frw

Black Eyed Peas ft. The World, “#WHERESTHELOVE”

4.5

“#WHERESTHELOVE” is a remake of the Black Eyed Peas 2003 hit, “Where’s the Love.”  Featuring a union of superstar singers like Mary J. Blige, Usher, and Justin Timberlake, the song discusses issues of social justice, including racial and social equality, that must be brought up and processed, ideally sooner rather than later.

Sia ft. Kendrick Lamar, “The Greatest”

4.5

This single was a surprise release, coming out this past Monday. The message #WEAREYOURCHILDREN flashes on the screen at the beginning of the video and is followed by the slow reanimation of seemingly lifeless dancers that join Sia in her number. One may suppose the 49 dancers in the video are meant to represent the 49 killed in the Orlando shooting.

Featured Image By RCA Records