Gaga Gives a “Million Reasons,” John Legends Demands “Love Me Now,” and More In Singles This Week

Lady Gaga, “Million Reasons” from Joanne

stars4

With its acoustic sound, this raw piece strikes a different chord with listeners. The reflective tune shows off Lady Gaga’s vocals as well as her storytelling ability. This song marks a turn away from Gaga’s typical flashy style and gets to the root of the artist’s undeniable talent.

John Legend, “Love Me Now” from Darkness and Light

stars4.5

John Legend’s “Love Me Now” is an incredibly beautiful and simple song about love. Incorporating the use of sign language in his lyric video was a wonderful way to point to the universal, ever-present theme. Legend effortlessly weaves in dazzling vocals and instrumentation to create yet another hit.

Kings of Leon, “Reverend” from WALLS

stars3.5

In its latest single, Kings of Leon honors the memory of the late country singer Blaze Foley. The lyrics perfectly capture the turbulent life and demise of the great singer. While bringing in some country roots, the band manages to keep its individualized soulful sound, even bringing in some electric guitar to add a bit of flare.

Featured Image By Interscope records