BC Alumna Makes ‘40 Under 40’ List
News, Off Campus

BC Alumna Makes ‘40 Under 40’ List

Anandita Makes, BC ’13, was recently featured in Prestige’s “40 Under 40” list. Makes has led the business development of the Plataran Group, a group that owns a number of hotels and resorts around the globe, particularly in Indonesia.

After receiving her master’s from Prasetiya Mulya Business School, Jakarta, Makes joined Plataran Group.

Makes has helped launch the Plataran Menjangan resort in West Bali National Park. She is also opening a luxury hotel in Borobudur, a lifestyle hotel in Labuan, and a high-end restaurant and venue in Menteng.

“We’re expanding aggressively to meet customer demand, but throughout the process we always go back to our core value,” Makes said. “Our company aims to showcase the best of Indonesia, and to better the lives of Indonesians.”

Makes is also involved in her family’s business, at a French bakery called Passionnée. Makes enjoys helping out at the bakery.

“My parents trust me to balance the family business and my own, so I try to maximize my time and make the most of both,” she said.

Makes has helped change real estate around the resorts, increasing the quality of life for the surrounding population.

“When you see the positive impact of your business for the community, that’s the most rewarding part of the job,” she said.