News, Top Story, Athletics

Boston College Athletics Announces Partnership With Lyft

Boston College Athletics has entered into a partnership with the ridesharing company Lyft, the department announced on Thursday. The goal of the partnership is to “make transportation to and from Alumni Stadium and Conte Forum as seamless as possible,” according to BC Athletics.

Lyft now has the designation of the official rideshare partner of BC Athletics at Alumni Stadium and Conte Forum.

The partnership will involve transporting attendees to and from BC home games at Alumni Stadium and Conte Forum. Lyft and BC will create a specific pickup and drop-off zone for Lyft next to the venues. In addition, a $10 discount on Lyft rides will be offered on trips to or from BC on home game days.

“I appreciate our fan council reinforcing our belief in implementing a ride-sharing program,” Director of Athletics Martin Jarmond told BC Athletics. “This partnership with Lyft will enhance the fan experience, providing our fans another way to attend games in a timely manner.”

The partnership will also help fans return home responsibly from games after BC expanded alcohol sales at Alumni Stadium.

“BC is expanding campus amenities, including the sale of alcohol at the stadium, and we saw a unique opportunity to improve the visitor experience by providing rides via the Lyft platform,” Tyler George, general manager of Lyft New England, told BC Athletics.

The University’s provider of sponsorship rights management, Fenway Sports Management, helped to negotiate the partnership, according to BC Athletics.