News, Featured Story, Administration

Beaumier Named University Secretary, VP

Rev. Casey Beaumier, S.J., Ph.D. ’13, was elevated to Vice President and University Secretary last week. In his 11th year at Boston College, he will take on various responsibilities in this new capacity.

Beaumier inherits this role from Rev. Terrence Devino, S.J., who will now serve as a retreat director at the Eastern Point Retreat House in Gloucester, Mass., as noted by University Communications.

Beaumier will remain in his current roles as the director of the Institute for Advanced Jesuit Studies and of BC’s Loyola House residence, a community for male BC students considering a vocation within the Society of Jesus. He also lives in CLXF on Upper Campus as the Resident Minister.

Among his new duties, Beaumier will work with the Board of Trustees Committee on Nominations and Governance every quarter. He will be the liaison between the University and the board when nominating new trustees and selecting commencement speakers. Every month, there will also be a meeting among the University vice presidents, which he will lead.

He will also help contribute to the maintaining relationships with the University’s key associates as an official representative of the school. If the inaguration of another Jesuit university’s president occurs, he will stand in for University President Rev. William P. Leahy, S.J., as BC’s representative if he is unable to attend. If there is a funeral for a friend of BC, he will likely represent the school there.

“I enjoy meeting, greeting, and tracking people,” Beaumier said. “In this role, I will work with friends and family of the university, and that’s a real pleasure.”

Although he predicts his schedule this year will be quite busy, he is driven to better the mission of the University. He is happy to do whatever he can to help BC in its Jesuit and Catholic mission.

“There’s a real energy and lots happening on campus,” Beaumier said. “I’m really excited to be a part of it.”

Featured Image from University Communications