Five Reasons to Leave Campus This Week: Sept. 18 – Sept. 24
Metro, Boston

1. Boston Startup Week

Boston’s first-ever Startup Week is a special five-day event celebrating the city’s startup community. From Sept. 18 to 22, Boston will host 40 free events featuring an esteemed lineup of speakers. The event is catered to budding entrepreneurs looking for valuable advice for future startups and endeavours in the tech world.

2. Yoga Under the Stars

The Street at Chestnut Hill hosts a special Yoga Under the Stars event on Wednesday Sept. 20 at 6:30 p.m. Work up a sweat while the sun sets over Chestnut Hill, and receive complimentary drinks from Juice Press and DavidsTea.

3. Taste of The Fenway

Over 25 restaurant’s will come together on Van Ness Street in Fenway for the annual outdoor food festival Taste of The Fenway. Taking place on Thursday Sept. 21 at 5 p.m, the event will include appearances from celebrity chefs with food and drink tastings from renowned restaurants like by Chloe and Tiger Mama. Tickets to the event are available for $50.   

4. Cash Cash

On Friday, Sept. 22, electronic music group Cash Cash head to Boston for a highly anticipated performance at Royale. The DJ trio from New Jersey made waves in the EDM world with chart-topping hits “Take Me Home” and “How To Love”. Tickets to the concert can be purchased here. A valid 21+ ID is required to enter the venue.  

5. New MFA exhibits

On Sunday, Sept. 24, The Museum of Fine Arts will launch four new curated exhibits that will run through to the middle of 2018. The upcoming exhibitions are Mark Rothko: Reflection, Seeking Stillness, Joan Jonas: Ice Drawing, and Annette Lemieux: Mise en Scène. Present your Boston College student ID for free admission to the MFA.

Featured Image by Emily Fahey