Anthony Brown Out for Season With Right Leg Injury
Football, Top Story

Head coach Steve Addazio announced Monday that quarterback Anthony Brown, who left Saturday’s game against NC State after his right knee buckled while making a cut, will miss the remainder of the season.

“Anthony has a lower leg injury that will require surgery,” Addazio said. “Our heart goes out to Anthony—he’s a big part of the future of the program and he’s a great competitor.”

The redshirt freshman completed 52 percent of his passes for 1,367 yards, 11 touchdowns, and nine interceptions. Before the injury, which is officially listed as a “right leg” ailment, Brown also showed signs of expanding into a dual threat role, rushing for 210 yards on 42 attempts.

With John Fadule already out for the year, Boston College football’s new quarterback depth chart features just Darius Wade and E.J. Perry, who has redshirted this season so far. Wide receiver Jeff Smith, who spent some time as a signal caller two years ago before transitioning to wideout, will also be an option for Addazio. The Eagles have two regular season games remaining, and a likely third coming during bowl season.

Wade led BC to a comeback win at Louisville in October, but struggled in Saturday’s loss to the No. 23 Wolfpack. The graduate student, who remains a junior in terms of eligibility, is 23-for-40 with 225 yards and an interception this season.