Fall, Volleyball

Volleyball Hires Marissa Prinzbach as New Assistant Coach

Boston College women’s volleyball head coach Jason Kennedy made his first move in his new job on Thursday afternoon, announcing the hiring of assistant coach Marissa Prinzbach.

Prinzbach spent the last season with Dartmouth, where she had a hand in the Big Green’s offense and led the program’s recruiting effort. She played two years at both UConn and SUNY-Buffalo before moving on to become a graduate assistant coach at Franklin Pierce.

“Marissa has all the tools I was looking for in an assistant coach and is someone that I’m excited to be building this program with,” Kennedy said in a press release issued by BC Athletics. “Her background and coaching philosophy fit in perfectly with what Boston College is all about and I have no doubt that she will help to foster a culture and create a positive experience for our athletes.”

Kennedy is looking to rebuild a program that went just 73-176 over the past eight years under Chris Campbell. The longtime Eagles coach resigned after a dismal 7-23 record this past fall, as BC won just two of its final 14 games.

“[Marissa] is an excellent and efficient communicator,” Kennedy added. “[She] takes the time to get to know her athletes and cares about their development on and off the court.”

Featured Image by Jake Catania / Heights Staff