UPDATE: Evans Denies Report He Will Leave BPD for Boston College
News, Top Story, Administration

At a press conference Friday evening, Boston Police Department (BPD) Commissioner William Evans denied WBZ-TV’s report that he would be leaving the department for the Boston College Police Department to replace retiring BCPD Chief John King. According to WHDH Boston, at a press conference where Evans and Boston Mayor Marty Walsh, BC ’08, addressed safety concerns surrounding summer safety in the city, Evans denied “rumors” that he was leaving the department.

“I’m going to continue to stay focused on my job,” Evans said at the press conference. “That’s all I care about.”

Earlier that day, Walsh told The Boston Herald Evans wasn’t going anywhere and expressed frustration with the reporting. WBZ has not retracted their story. Initially, BPD and Boston College did not comment on the story.

This morning, however, University Spokesman Jack Dunn told The Heights there was “nothing to report.” The Heights reported on WBZ’s story that Evans was leaving the department in an article published Thursday evening.

Featured Image via WBUR

Jack Goldman was the news editor from August 2018 to April 2019. He was a copy editor before that despite his rampant illiteracy. He was once hung up on by Mary Ann's. Don't follow him on Twitter @the_manofgold.

June 29, 2018