News, Top Story

Brendan Rockett, MCAS ’21, Dies in Hometown of Fall River

Brendan Rockett, MCAS ’21, died last Wednesday in his hometown of Fall River, Mass.

In a letter that will be sent to members of the Class of 2021, interim Vice President of Student Affairs Joy Moore noted that Rockett was “a gifted student.” Rockett was a political science major and was involved with WZBC’s sports radio broadcasts, according to Moore.

In 2017, Rockett graduated from Durfee High School in Fall River, Moore said, and lived in Walsh Hall this past academic year. He was also a member of the Living and Learning Community on Newton Campus during his freshman year.

A graveside memorial service will take place on July 2 at 11:30 a.m. at St. Patrick’s Cemetery in Fall River, according to Moore’s letter.

“Please remember Brendan and his family in your prayers during this most difficult time,” Moore said.

Condolences can be sent to Steven and Kelly Rockett, Brendan’s parents, at 42 Delcar St., Fall River, Mass., 02720.

Rockett is the third Boston College student to die in the last four months. Patrick Gregorek, BC ’19, died in March and Alexander Urtula, BC ’19, died a month ago.

Featured Image by Jonathan Ye / Heights Editor

June 25, 2019
RECENT COMMENTS