Hunter Hayes to Headline Stokes Set

Hunter Hayes to Headline Stokes Set

The Campus Activities Board (CAB) announced on Friday that Stokes Set will feature Hunter Hayes this year. The concert—now in its fourth year—will be held on Sept. 21, and tickets will go on sale Tuesday morning, according to the announcement video.

The three artists to headline Stokes Set in previous years have been Daya (2018), Nico & Vinz (2017), and MisterWives (2016).

After releasing his self-titled debut album in 2011, Hayes became the youngest male performer to reach the top of Billboard’s Hot Country Songs chart. The Recording Industry Association of America certified his second single, “Wanted,” platinum just a year later.

The country music singer-songwriter has since released three more albums: Storyline in 2014, The 21 Project in 2015, and Wild Blue (Part I), which came out last month. 

Hayes has been nominated for five Grammy awards—including Best New Artist (2013), Best Country Album (2013), and Best Country Solo Performance (2013, 2014, 2015)—and five Academy of Country Music Awards. He also won the Teen Choice Award for Choice Male Country Artist three years in a row from 2012 to 2014.

Featured Image Courtesy of Arturo Pardavila III / Wikimedia Commons

Jack Miller is a senior staff writer for The Heights. He was the news editor in the fall of 2019, after serving stints as the associate news editor, the assistant news editor, and the associate investigative editor.