Saoirse Kennedy Hill Died of Accidental Overdose, per Report
News, Top Story

Saoirse Kennedy Hill Died of Accidental Overdose, per Report

The death of Saoirse Kennedy Hill, BC ’20, has been ruled an accidental overdose, according to her death certificate that was reviewed by WCVB-TV. Diazepam, nordiazepam, methadone, fluoxetine, norfluoxetine, and alcohol were found in her system. 

Hill died at Cape Cod Hospital in August after being found unresponsive at her family’s compound on Cape Cod in Hyannis Port, Mass.

Diazepam is commonly used to treat symptoms of anxiety and fluoxetine for treating symptoms of depression. Methadone may be prescribed as a treatment for opioid use disorder.

She is survived by her mother, Courtney Kennedy Hill, and her father, Paul Michael Hill, as well as her grandmother, Ethel Kennedy, and her stepmother Stephanie, according to a statement made by the Kennedy family shortly after her death. 

Hill is the fifth Boston College student to have died since April. None of these students died while on campus. 

If you or someone you know is in crisis, contact University Counseling Services at 617-552-3310.

Featured Image by Jonathan Ye / Heights Senior Staff

November 1, 2019
CONTACT
The offices of The Heights are located on Boston College’s campus. You can find us at:
The Heights 113 McElroy Commons Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
ABOUT
Established in 1919 as Boston College’s student newspaper, The Heights has been both editorially and financially independent from the University since 1971. The Heights serves the students, faculty, and staff of the Boston College community, as well as our neighbors in Chestnut Hill, Newton, and the Allston-Brighton area.  
THEMEVAN

We are addicted to WordPress development and provide Easy to using & Shine Looking themes selling on ThemeForest.

Tel : (000) 456-7890
Email : [email protected]
Address : NO 86 XX ROAD, XCITY, XCOUNTRY.