CAB Now Offering Boston City Limits Tickets for Free

Tickets to this Saturday’s Boston City Limits concert will now be offered free of charge, the Boston College Campus Activities Board (CAB) said in an email. Students who have already purchased tickets will also receive refunds, the email said.

Boston City Limits is the rebranded winter concert put on by CAB in place of Plexapalooza, as the William J. Flynn Recreation Complex—known as “the Plex”—was torn down over the summer. CAB announced on Jan. 14 that R&B singer DaniLeigh would be headlining the concert, a departure from the typical EDM artists who have performed at the winter concert in past years.

CAB did not explain the reasoning for this decision in the email. Details about how many tickets had been sold before the concert was made free are not currently available, but offering free tickets is a departure from past years. In 2016, when the Chainsmokers were set to perform at Plexapalooza, tickets were sold out within two minutes. Tickets for Marshmello’s 2017 performance at Plexapalooza sold out in six minutes.

CAB announced Boston City Limits in an Instagram post, explaining that the rebranding was intended to “embrace genres that have not been represented in recent years.” This year’s theme is Electric Soul.

“We debated for a while between dance and R&B because, I mean, we’re humans,” said Dom Conti, assistant director of CAB and CSOM ’22, in a previous interview with The Heights. “Change is scary. … We kind of looked and said, ‘If we do dance we’re kind of just doing dance to keep serving the same people. We’re doing dance just to do dance, and with R&B, we can make a real impact.’”

Featured Image by Celine Lim / Heights Editor

Scott is a copy editor for the Heights. He is consistently voted best dancer and will show anyone who talks to him pictures of his cats.